Wednesday, December 30, 2009

BANGS

Well, for the first time since fourth grade, I (Annalicia) have bangs! Although you might not see this as something newsworthy to put on a blog that’s intended to document things about Taiwan, it is actually applicable. Allow me to explain...the reason I decided to cut my hair in this way is because I was inspired by Taiwanese women...they have dang cute bangs here! :)


I spent about 23 USD to get my haircut and people here were kind of appalled. Apparently I went to one of the nicest/most expensive places in Douliu. I thought the experience was well worth the $23, though (especially considering the fact that a haircut at Cost Cutters in the U.S. can cost close to that once you add in the tip...there’s no tipping for haircuts here). I spent about 90 relaxing minutes hair salon/spa. In the first 45 minutes I was given coffee, my hair was shampooed and conditioned and I was given a head, neck and upper back massage. The rest of the time was spent cutting and styling my hair. Like I said, well worth the $23 to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment