Wednesday, December 30, 2009

CHRISTMAS AT WORK

We both had to be at school on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day...this was new for us. Although we’re used to getting Christmas off, being at work wasn’t bad at all. We definitely had some fun!


Annalicia’s Christmas at Work


My school had a lot of staff members wear Santa hats on Christmas Day. I was given a hat and coat and got to deliver candy to the Kindergartens, first and second graders. For some reason a lady I didn’t know (maybe a parent volunteer???) dressed up as the Easter Bunny and came with me...I’m not sure what that was about! :)











The whole school also watched a video my mom put together and sent to me from Cokato Elementary. It was of first grade classes showing off different things. A lot of what they were showing off (projects, songs, etc...) was Christmas stuff. My kids here loved it! The video was played over and over and over and over.......

I also received some cute gifts and cards and had a few classes come into my office and sing me some Christmas songs! My favorite gift was a few pieces of stationary paper wrapped up with one (obviously used) purple bobby pin and one packet of instant coffee. :) Here are some examples of what my Christmas card greetings were like (I took these from a few of my cards, word for word):

Card #1:
Here’s a Christmas card for you.
Dear = Anna
Hi! Anna.
My name is Katy.
Today is Christmas.
I wish have a nice day.
And...Merry x’mas.
Merry Christmas
your Student Katy 2009.12.25

Card #2:
Anna:
Merry Chirstmas
Happy New Year
I (drawing of a heart) You
by 6-5 Tiffany

Card #3:
For: Teacher Anna
Christmas!
From: Student Lovey 2-2

Phil’s Christmas at Work


On Christmas Day I had students wish me Merry Christmas and one class even sang “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”. They sang it pretty well! I was supposed to have a class at 3:10 and when 3:25 rolled around and my class hadn’t shown up I went to look for them. I ended up running into one of my co-teachers and she told me that I didn’t have to run my class because there is a group performance. The group performance was a Christmas celebration and some student groups performed various things (dances, magic, cooking, and games).

Below are some cards I received. They definitely made me smile! The last one is my favorite.

Dear Teacher Phil:
Today is Merry Christmas. I’m in class 104. I’m Nora. I wish you can happy everytime. Merry Christmas! X’mas (Christmas)! Can you understand it?
By Nora

Hi! Phil (drawing of a heart) U!
Smile Happy Merry Christmas. It’s just for you! :)
Student Tina Lin 102

To: Phil teacher
Today is Christmas Merry Christmas

Phil
You are so handsome and your eyes are beautiful
You are a nice teacher
Merry Christmas
Yishin 302

Phil:
Hey~~~
You’re really a handsome man and you’re a kind teacher
Merry Christmas
Lancy
*always be happy*

Phil:
Today is Christmas day
I am ghost (a drawing of a ghost)
Merry Christmas
You are handsome
You are my good English teacher.
Lynn

Phil,
You are my good

I don’t know if the student forgot to add more or what. Annalicia thinks the student meant to put “You are my good teacher” or something like that. I, on the other hand, like to believe that the student meant to put “You are my god.” After all my experiences, is there any reason I wouldn’t believe that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment