Monday, March 22, 2010

LIBRARY OPENING CEREMONY



Last Thursday (March 18th), my (Annalicia’s) school had an opening ceremony for our brand new library. They have been working on this library ever since I’ve been here and it turned out absolutely beautiful!


At the opening ceremony, they had all the students line the halls and pass the books from where they were being stored to the new library. It was really cool! I went to watch and take some pictures and ended up being interviewed by three different news camera crews. Only in Taiwan! :)


A few interesting things to note: First, at the ceremony a group of students played, “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” on recorders. It got me in the Christmas mood! :) Also, no one is allowed to go in the library with shoes on.


2 comments:

  1. I like the no shoes in the library rule. It is way more relaxing to read without shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That library looks wicked awesome! I bet the kiddos love it!

    ReplyDelete